Advertisement

Moldavite vanishing act?

topic posted Sun, March 23, 2008 - 7:48 PM by  jasmin
Share/Save/Bookmark
I was given a special chunk of Moldavite on my birthday (Jan. 21) but around March 6th, it vanished for about 2 weeks. Needless to say, I scoured every nook and cranny of our apartment searching for my stone to no avail. It was tough for me to accept because I clearly remember where I left it and I could even visualize what it looked like laying there.

Today I was talking to my boyfriend about how much I missed it and minutes later it reappeared in a somewhat prominent place that it DEFINITELY wasn't before! I'm so happy to have it back!

Does anyone else have stories of vanishing Moldavite? I've heard of it happening before but I was extremely skeptical until now.
posted by:
jasmin
New York City
Advertisement
  • omg,,,do i ever. about 15 years agoi was hitchhiking through santafe new mexico coming from my first ever tucson gem show. i had acquired my first piece of moldi there. iwas living in a large cement tube down by the arroyo on a fellows lands. not having much money at the time and being young and adventurous i was eating at the salvation army chow line...as soon as i arrived in town my moldi disappeared ,that night i'm standing in line for dinner and i notice this brother in front of me looking at a rock and showing it to his friends. i asked if i could have a look and, you've probably guessed, it was my moldi. i told him my tale and he said he had found it in the park. he offerred it back and i gladly accepted. well of course it "disappeared" again immediately...so.... the next evening i'm standing in line at aunt salli's and sure enough there is another fellow in line directly in front of me examining the same frikkin piece of moldi...i 'm blown away and telling this guy my story of course he offerd it back but i was pretty sure the silly moldi was trying to find another ride so i asked him to keep it.
    still makes me shake my head in wonderment : )
    • wow, that's quite a story! I wonder why this happens to us... There must be a reason it reappears, right?
      • I've recently found I piece I had lost and lost one that I knew where it was...wonder if they went to the same place?
        • Interesting! Perhaps they all travel to the same place or, at the very least, disappear for similar reasons.

I have a strange feeling that Moldavite might disappear when it begins to vibrate at a faster rate. After all, Moldavite does possess an energy, which to some people can make it feel alive. And spirits that don't manifest in the physical form are simply vibrating at a faster rate than we are, which makes them impossible/harder to see. What if the moldavite is actually there the whole time?!

Now there's a theory.
          • And how about it changing colors?

I have a piece I brought back to California from an altar in NYC last month, and it seems to have gone from a light translucent green to a muddier, darker colour.

Any ideas??

Recent topics in "Moldavite"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Post your Moldavite! :-) Unsubscribed 30 October 8, 2013
The Moldavite Experience! Unsubscribed 15 May 28, 2013
Missing the Moldavite moldimama 3 May 28, 2013
Moldavite cast offs 0 March 18, 2009
When moldavite breaks jasmin 2 May 10, 2008